Sunday, 18 May 2014

Off The Rails - Chipboard

Hi everyone,

So sorry for being a slacker and not posting for a while. Life sometimes gets in the way. But I am back now. {.....and the crowd goes wild.....}  LOL

Today I have for you a new challenge over at Off The Rails Scrapbooking. Chipboard. That's it, nice and simple, so no excuses to not give this challenge a go. Here is my inspiration.

Enchanted Creations By Narelle

Enchanted Creations By Narelle

Enchanted Creations By Narelle

Enchanted Creations By Narelle
 
 

There are 4 pieces of chipboard on this layout - the two swirls and the two butterflies. I coloured each with Gelli Pens and then gave each a coat of Glossy Accents. I love how they turned out. The Gelli Pens give them a sparkly look, totally changes their appearance.
 
You know I have a confession to make. I had completely forgotten that I needed to do this layout. And when I was reminded by the lovely admin, I was already a day late...oops. So would you believe that it took me just half an hour to make this layout. Nothing like a missed deadline to get the creative juices flowing.
 
I had no idea of what I was going to do, so I went to my chipboard box and picked out a couple of pieces. When I picked these swirls and butterflies that I had already coloured and glossed, I knew the exact papers that I wanted to use with them. Next was choosing the photo. I knew I had some old photos in my stash as  vintage was the look I was going for. And I found this photo. This was me as a baby on my Christening day, wow that was 40+ years ago...you think I'm going to tell you exactly how old I am.....lol...think again. My mum is on the left in blue, then my godparents - Aunty Bernice, Aunty Daph and Uncle Norm. Look at the hat and gloves on the ladies, wow, I would love to go back to that. I love the style of the 50's and 60's, so demure.
 
I hope I have given you some inspiration and you are revved up to enter this challenge. As always, there are great prizes on offer.
 
Thanks for popping by today, and have a scrap happy day.
Cheers,
Narelle
. 

No comments:

Post a Comment