Wednesday, 16 April 2014

A spot of Art Journalling

Last night I had a play in my new Dylusions Art Journal which got delivered yesterday morning. Oh my, it was so much fun. Here is what I did and then follows a short description of how I did it.

Enchanted Creations



So this is the journal, I must admit, not very exciting to look at, but I am sure in time I will fix that...lol
Enchanted Creations
 
 
So I misted the pages with water and then with two different Dylusions Ink Sprays - London Blue and Cut Grass. I just kept spraying until I was happy with the look.
 
Then I grabbed a Dylusions 9" x 12" stencil called Diamond Border. I used a black sharpie and traced the design around two edges on each page.

Enchanted Creations


Then I grabbed some Tim Holtz Distress Paint in Seedless Preserves and painted the diamond pattern.

Enchanted Creations


Next I grabbed an old childrens story book that I bought really cheap at Reverse Garbage in Marrickville, Sydney. I love that place, so many things to recycle. I hand drew some houses then coloured with Mont Marte water colour pencils and water.

Enchanted Creations

Enchanted Creations

Enchanted Creations


I cut out the houses and glued them onto the page and the went crazy with decorations. And because I was so engrossed in what I was doing I forgot to take more photos...lol. But here is a run down of what I did. I coloured some of the border with a red sharpie. I stamped the trees using Stampin' Up! Lovely As A Tree stamp set using Always Artichoke ink.  I used the Morning Post Alphabet stamp sets with White Craft ink, all by Stampin' Up! to create the heading - Home Sweet Home. Then used a Uniball Signo white gel pen to highlight different things on the page. Lastly I stamped the 3 flowers onto the childrens story book using Always Artichoke ink by Stampin' Up! and the Secret Garden stamp set. Then coloured  them with the water colour pencils, cut them out and stuck them onto the page.

Here is a close up of each page.


Enchanted Creations







 
Enchanted Creations


I had lots of fun doing this page and have sooo many ideas now running through my head. So I am sure I will be sharing more of my Art Journal real soon.

Thanks for popping by today.
Have a good one.
Cheers,
Narelle

2 comments:

  1. What an awesome scrapbook page/journal page/even a card idea! You never seem to stop amazing me with your talent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great page and inspiration. Thank you for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete