Sunday, 18 August 2013

Using Your Embossing Folders as Stamps


 Did you know that  you could use your embossing folders as stamps? Well you can and I am here to show you how.
All you need is a piece of card stock, an embossing  folder, an ink pad and a brayer.







Ink up your brayer by rolling it over your ink pad.  Open the embossing folder and  roll  the brayer over  the raised side of the embossing folder.



Place your piece of card into the folder and close. Then rub really firmly all over the outside of the embossing folder until you think you have enough ink on the card stock.


I love using this technique when I want the design of the embossing folder without the raised effect. Sometimes there is just too much other stuff going on that the raised image would be lost or just be too much.

Here is what I finished with.

Here is a layout I have done using the image I created above.
Enchanted Creations

 
Enchanted Creations
I hope you have learnt something new today, and picked up some inspiration as well.
Thanks for stopping by.
Cheers,
Narelle


 

2 comments:

  1. That is such a cool idea and I have loads of embossing folders so nice to know that you can use them this way to... I have recently seen someone use them with Gesso... put the gesso on the layout then press the folder into it... gives a gorgeous imprint... love it when something has more than one use.. dont feel so bad about buying it then ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too love the idea of been able to stamp with it love it will try myself soon

    ReplyDelete