Saturday, 3 August 2013

Embossing

Hi everyone,

Welcome to another Frosted Designs Challenge.

Frosted Designs


There are two differernt types of Embossing - Dry and Wet. Dry is the art of creating a raised image from pushing the paper into a pattern. Wet embossing is the art of creating a raised image using embossing powder and a heat source. Both look fantastic and both have their place in both cards and scrap pages.

For this challenge I chose to use the dry form of embossing.

Enchanted Creations


Enchanted Creations

Enchanted Creations

Enchanted Creations

Enchanted Creations


You will see the pattern of the background paper on this layout is actually embossed. I cut my Cordinations card stock into 6 pieces and then ran each of them through my Big Shot with a brocade embossing folder. And because I used Cordinations card stock I then used sand paper over the raised design to make it stand out more. I think it resulted in a very effective yet subtle background.

I would love to see you play along in this challenge. The prizes are always fantastic. So hop over to Frosted Designs and give it a go.

I hope I have inspired you today to get creative.
Have a scrap happy day.
Cheers,
Narelle

No comments:

Post a Comment