Monday, 18 February 2013

Vintage themed layouts

Today I have a couple of layouts to show to you. Both were done for Facebook group challenges and both turned out a bit vintage.

The first one I did was for Aussie Scrappers Society. The challenge was to use book paper and the layout be monochromatic. I used a copy of an old photo of my dad when he was little, with his sister and mum as they walked through Sydney. It must of been taken in the early 1940's I reckon.The lady in this photo, my gran, was responsible for getting me into craft. She and my step grandpop used to live down the south coast from Sydney in a lovely little seaside town called Sussex Inlet. We used to go down some school holidays and stay for a few days. I remember one school holidays when I was about 12, she took me to the little local craft shop. I was amazed at everything in there and had no idea what this little visit would start. I bought a small x-stitch that I eagerly started later that day. I couldn't put it down, and the rest is history.



The second one I did was for Scrapsadaisy Scraplift Challenges on Facebook. This time the challenge was a layout we were shown for inspiration.


I hope you enjoyed looking at these and they have given you some inspiration. All the ladies in the two Facebook groups above are lovely, and we love to have you visit us and join in the fun.

Now I must get cracking as I have some ATC's to finish off and lots of other craft goodnes to get into.
Have a scrap happy day.


2 comments:

  1. Love both of them Narelle, vintage is always so pretty. waving hi from the hills of North Carolina ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous layouts Narelle, my favourite would have to be the top one so different and yet beautiful

    ReplyDelete