Sunday, 4 March 2012

ATC's - Love Them

For those who don't know what an ATC is, it is an Artist Trading Card. Google it, there is so much information out there. Anyway, as I said at the start of the year, this year I want to challenge myself. One way I am doing this is by joining in with lots of challenges.
 I have never done ATC's before, so when I saw a post on a blog about a challenge they were haveing, I thought "why not?'. I did February's and had such a ball doing them, that I have done March's challenge already and it is only day 4...lol. If you want to join in, head over to the ScrapHappyKat blog and search for the ATC challenge.
Each month we are given a them and a technique. The cards are 2.5" x 3.5", so the space is tiny compared to the usual 12" x 12" scrapbook pages I do. Februarys theme was the letter P and they needed to include paint on them.
So I did a Paris theme, pink and hand painted over the flowers on the floral stamp. I am really pleased with how they came out. What do you think?

March's theme is brown and gold with the technique being distressing. Obviously I used brown tones to the paper and card stock. I added gold with gold kinyglitz. The distressing was done on the brown paper which had its edges torn, then it was scrunched. I added some tone to it by going over it with some Tim Holtz Walnut Stain . Here is my March offering.

No comments:

Post a Comment