Thursday, 2 February 2012

52 Week Layout Submission and Other Stuff

It is week 5 of The Scrapbooking Havens weekly challenge. We were given a layout and we could case the entire layout or get inspiration from sections of it. We just have to make a note in the comments what our inspiration from their layout was. My inspiration was the stitched paper and the flag banner. The photo on this layout is of my son at his first birthday party. He is just as handsome now at 11 years...lol. This is also my 365 Photo for today, Thursday 2nd Feb.

Material used:-
- bone cardstock
- dark blue cardstock
- teal cardstock
- My Minds Eye - Lost & Found - Breeze "Boyish" Handsome Paper
- My Minds Eye - Lost & Found - Breeze "Fun Day" Today Paper
- My Minds Eye - Lost & Found - Breeze "Dream" Stamped Paper
- My Minds Eye - Lost & Found - Breeze "Boyish" Layered Chipboard Stickers
- My Minds Eye - Lost & Found - Breeze "Dream" Layered Stickers
- Blue & White Bakers Twine
- Magic Mount

365 Photo - Feb 1st
Today I spent some time playing around with a new design for Wedding/Engagement Invitations. This is what I came up with. I think I might try them as well using paper instead of ribbon. Might give them a whole different look.

365 Photo - Jan 31st
Today as I was wandering around the rooms in my house, I stopped for some reflection in my formal dining room. I had a long hard look at all the trinkets I have around. I have so many cherubs, it's probably too many, but they were the theme for my wedding. So I can't bear to put any of them away. I undoubtedly will have to if I want to achieve the uncluttered house that I am aiming at this year. One of the cherubs is very special to me. I bought it at a craft fair that I went to with my best friend. I covered it in decoupage with tissue paper and it has sat proudly in my front room now for a few years. This cherub means a lot to me because when ever I look at it I am reminded of that special friend. She had to move interstate around 12 months ago due to family reasons. That was a tough time for me because we had become so close so quickly. She was like the sister I never had. I don't easily let people get close to me as quickly as I did her. It was like we had known each other in a previous life or something. We will always be friends, even though there is a lot of physical distance between us, and we don't talk as often as I would like, I know that she will always be there for me, and I for her.
So todays photo is of that special cherub.

1 comment:

  1. I love the little boy layout, colours are beautiful

    ReplyDelete