Sunday, 14 August 2011

My attempt at Cinderella.

Sorry it's been a week since I finished my daughters Cinderella outfit for her Book Parade. And I have been really slack and haven't posted any photos yet. Probably because eventhough I am very proud of how it turned out, I was also slightly embarassed. This was because by "sewers" standards it is not very good. But I guess that I needed to come to terms with the fact that I am only a beginner and I could actually follow the pattern. I modified it a little bit, I just couldn't get the waist to gather before adding the casing. So as I was running out of time, I just turned the top over a few times to make my own casing and then threaded some elastic through. It sort of looks the same in the end.
But I guess all that matters  is that my daughter loved it and was very proud to wear it in the parade. So I suppose I met my clients brief successfully...lol . Just don't look too close...lol

No comments:

Post a Comment