Sunday, 7 August 2011

I sewed something!!!

For most people this wouldn't be a big deal. But for me, well it is.
My Mum has been a sewer for as long as I can remember. She used to make all my clothes when I was little, and saved me a pretty penny when I started working. Like any young woman I wanted all the latest fashion but couldn't afford it, so Mum came to the rescue and made it for me.
I have dabbled with a bit over the years, but just didn't have the patience to learn the tricky stuff, like putting in sleeves etc. Mum even bought me a Horn sewing cabinet, her old sewing machine and an overlocker. All in the hope that I would follow in her footsteps. And I so wanted to. But for some reason papercraft was more my calling.
So we come to today.  And I am proud to say that I have just sewn my first complete item. Yeah for me. The kids have a character parade for book week at school next week. So I had the hairbrain idea that I might be able to sew them something to wear rather than buy. And I thought it would be cheaper. Well after spending lots of $$ at my local material shop, I'm not so sure that it was the cheaper option.
Anyway, my son wanted to go as Count Dooku from Star Wars the Clone Wars. Easy I thought, I just have to make him a cape. And I did. And it's lined!!
Now for my daughters costume. Cinderella. mmm I am procrastinating on this. But it is Sunday and the parade is on Tuesday, so I had better get cracking. If it doesn't turn out then at least I have Monday to go buy something..lol
Here is my sons cape. I am as proud as punch with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment